Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What A Day!

This morning we went to see the doctor again. He did an ultrasound and it only showed a tiny speck of something left in my uterus. He wanted to do more blood work and do a more detailed ultrasound to confirm that nothing was showing up in my tubes...since I had not had heavy bleeding and my blood count had not dropped dramatically.

We thought we were done and were coping with the loss. Then he called late this evening to talk about the fact that my blood work hcg count went up AGAIN (only about 35 points this time) and that the ultrasound did not show anything in my tubes. He was still suspicious that something could be going on there, but very early and wanted me to get a shot of Methotrexate to dissolve anything if there is a pregnancy there.

I immediately did not feel comfortable with his suggestion. I actually had started bleeding pretty heavily this afternoon after the ultrasound and told him that I think it might take care of itself. He said it is possible and I asked if it would be okay to come in a couple of days and get tested again to see if my levels start to drop.

So, that's what we are doing. We are hoping and praying now for the opposite of what we have been praying for the past several days. We want this situation to resolve itself God's natural way so that I don't have to make a decision I might question forever. I couldn't feel right taking a drug that stops all growth, when there is still that TINY smidgen of something still in my uterus. Even though the chances are next to nill that it could be anything, I would wonder forever...what if?

Also, I have since done some research on that Methotrexate drug, and it sounds AWFUL! It is even used for cancer treatment and commonly causes nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dizziness, fatigue...etc. NO THANKS! PLEASE help us pray that this just all goes naturally and I don't need any further treatment!!!!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I am sorry that y'all are going through all of this. I am praying for you.