Monday, December 21, 2009

Trying to Stay Positive....Literally

We got to the medical office this morning around 11:15 or so. It was a quick thing to give blood. Since it only took about 3 hrs to get the results, we figured we would kill some time and then come back to the office to talk to someone in person about the results.

After lunch we picked up a few stocking stuffers and other stuff we need for Christmas, then went back over to the office, only to discover that this test was not ordered stat and they did not know when the results would be in, since the lab would be open till midnight.

That was very discouraging news, but we made our way home to pick up the kids. On the way home from getting them we got the email that our test results were ready. I logged into the Kaiser website and saw the results. My heart was literally pounding in my chest and I felt out of breath.

The results: 205

Up only 14 from Friday's results of 191. VERY discouraging. Devastating.

I called the office and talked to a nurse who wasn't able to really give me any thoughts. She just gathered an update on my symptoms and said the doctor would call me back. He didn't call. Eventually the nurse called back. She said that the doctor said that the results were abnormal (ummmm...yeah...) and that he wanted to see my again first thing in the morning. They wanted to do another ultrasound to see if anything has changed and to confirm that it isn't an ectopic pregnancy.

We are finding it very difficult to have faith in a miracle at this point. I am so very thankful for all of my friends and family who are praying for us right now.

I have actually held it together very well today. I don't know why, but I just haven't fallen completely to pieces about it. I did that a few days ago, actually.

My appointment is at 9:40 in the morning. I am less nervous about it than I was yesterday about the bloodwork this morning. I have no idea what this is all about but I am just trying to trust and wait.

No comments: