Friday, February 11, 2011

Diapers!

The first big purchase for Ruby has officially been made as of this morning!  We ordered.......



diapers!!!!!!
I have been doing a lot of research over the past months.  Thought I had settled on one thing, then another.
Finally came to the conclusion after talking to friends that the good old fashioned prefold diapers are the best way to go based on ease of clean/dry, etc.
I was going to go with one brand in particular, but then this morning I found out about a great sale on Econobums brand diapers.  They are currently buy one get one free! (buy one diaper and cover, get one diaper and cover free!)
So.....after a brief conversation Corey and I decided to go ahead and order a starter set of these diapers.
12 diapers and 12 covers.
They don't come in as many colors as other brands, but..we got a mix of the pinkish color above, the green, and plain white.
I am SO excited!!!!!
These are also one size..the covers adjust from 8-35  lbs.  No pins or velcro needed...you just lay the baby in the flat/prefold diaper, and then fasten the elastic cover around them.
(PS, I might have shared this sale with someone else who went ahead and picked up something for the baby shower...so our starter stash will actually be 24!)

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

So exciting! I can't wait to see how this works out for you. Do you have the prefolds too? Or are they still on the need list?