Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baby Update

Well....this little one is growing!!!!
I had my second appointment today.  I still love this practice.  I was in and out in less than half an hour!
The doctor came in, and said we'll try to find the heartbeat, but sometimes it's difficult at just 11 weeks.
She searched around a little bit and we kept hearing my own heartbeat.
Then, all of a sudden, there it was!
Loud and clear!
Strong, beautiful, rapid baby heart beating away!
The doctor said, "I can see the change on your face" and she laughed.
Words cannot explain the relief I felt at that moment.  She listened for a bit and said it was in the 150s she would guess.  Nothing scientific, ha ha.

I think I will be allowing myself to really get excited now.  I just can't believe it!!!!
I've never been so excited to NOT get an ultrasound at an OB appointment!

2 comments:

Andysbethy said...

Oh Carrie, I love you. I am sorry I have been missing from here lately. I am so glad I have gotten to talk to you in person instead.
I love the widget of your little one floating around. That is priceless! I will enjoy watching that one.

Marcy said...

I am so glad to hear this wonderful news!