Tuesday, March 15, 2011

32 Weeks

Wow.  32 Weeks.  In just 5 more weeks I will be considered "full term" and it will be pretty safe for her to be born.  I am in no hurry though, and not looking for it to happen until at least the due date week.
We talked about managing the "pushing" stage this week in our birth classes.  It's surprising to me how little I know about how to handle the whole process, since I was drugged the first two times.  I feel that I wasn't drugged while pushing Katie and it was a very difficult process.  We have so much more knowledge now to hopefully make that part quicker and less strenuous.  One thing I must work on is taking deep breaths.  I think I hyperventilated while pushing with Katie...I remember being on oxygen and my chest hurting a lot.  I think it's because I was panicked and was doing a lot of shallow breathing.

We went walking last night at the track.  It felt so good afterward. It made me breathe better.  Katie and I made it around 3 laps while Corey and Noah made it around 5.  Noah ran the first two laps without stopping! What stamina! ha ha.  He needs to start training and run some 5Ks with grandpa!  We would have done more but Noah had to go to the bathroom "really bad" so we needed to get home, ha.

We also finally made a little bit of progress on our house projects.  The laundry closet is cleaned and reorganized, the hallway closet, and the kids closet is moved together.  The attempt now is to get the toys organized in their room together before the weekend and maybe we can then start on our room and closet.

My baby shower is scheduled for April 3rd.  I am excited just because it will be fun to celebrate, and Katie will have a blast, of course.  We really only have a couple of things that we *need* before she arrives, one is a pad for the cradle.  I have to get to a good craft store for that though.  Maybe I can do that in the next week or so because that isn't really something that someone else can buy since it is a custom measurement.

Here is more about week 32:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

No comments: