Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The End of a Pregnancy

The numbers are in, and my Hcg levels are officially below "pregnant" level. Meaning: I do not have to have any further treatment, such a dilatation & curettage (D and C). Everything has taken care of itself and I am back to normal.

Also...I emailed the doctor that I really liked to ask her opinion of the hospital being an hour away. (for the possibility of future pregnancy) Honestly, the other day, after I posted about that news, I really didn't worry about it. The more I thought about it the more I felt that it wasn't that big of a deal, but I wanted to get her opinion, as a doctor. I feel that doctors are usually even more cautious than patients are about stuff like that because they don't want anything "bad" on their records.

So, anyway, I emailed her and asked her opinion. She responded that "we have many patients in outlying areas and an hour isn't that unreasonable of a time period unless you have a history of fast labors." She also said that when it was safe they could make inducement plans to accommodate.

Well...I don't have a history of labor at all actually! I was induced both times! Granted...with Noah after I was induced I only took 4 hours, but that is with inducement drugs, which totally change everything. And, there is always the possibility of it being totally different and being super fast, but if that happened, even a 20 minute drive to the hospital wouldn't be better.

What I am trying to say I guess..is...I don't think it will be a big deal to have an hour drive to the hospital. If I am in natural labor (which would be my goal this time) it will most likely take a while.... and I am okay with that.



1 comment:

Tricia said...

I am sorry about your loss. With your friend's healthy delivery, give yourself grace. It is OK to feel both of those things. You have suffered a loss. I can tell you from the other side of the bed, that I felt guilty for having something to rejoice about when my friend was hurting so badly and wished I had some way of easing her pain rather than contributing to it. You will get through this. I am praying for you. God bless.