Wednesday, May 18, 2011

41 Weeks

I held off posting...in hopes that any minute would be the one.
But I'm still here and I'm still pregnant.
I have had several periods of time with a few hours of contractions.  In fact, last night they were so hard that I was positive we would be having a baby by this morning.  But they always fizzle out.  Last night they fizzled out.
The good news is that my blood pressure is great.
Last week I had a high reading at the dr. and they wanted to send me straight over to be induced, but when I got to the hospital and relaxed it went down and there were no other indicators that I needed to be induced.  Baby was fine, I was fine, urine and blood was fine.  So we went home. I monitored my bp at home over the weekend and it was fine.  Went back for a follow up Monday morning and it was high again.  I really think I just get really stressed about being at the dr.  I can even feel my pulse start to race when I'm in the waiting room.
On Monday he gave me two choices.  He was sending in orders for an induction Monday night and he wanted me to make an appointment for Thursday morning.
I obviously didn't go in for the induction.  I really thought I wouldn't be going back to the dr. Thursday.  I thought she would be here!
On top of everything, my best friend is leaving in the morning to go to her husband's army officer graduation and will only be back for two days after that before they head to Missourri for his training period for several months. Then they are headed to Alaska!  I really was hoping for Ruby to be here for a while before she had to leave! :(
*sigh*
This whole entire journey to baby #3 has been one big lesson in patience, God's timing, and giving up control.
I didn't think there was any way we could still be learning that lesson! ha!
And thus, the learning never ends! 41 weeks and counting.

1 comment:

Amy Sullins said...

I will continue praying! :O)