Tuesday, May 3, 2011

39 Weeks!

Well....here we are.  The final countdown!  I have absolutely no idea or inclination of any kind whether Ruby will come any time soon.  I suppose I know she will be coming "sometime" soon as in it won't be a month ha ha.  I had a slight blood pressure problem yesterday.  It went up about 20 points higher than my normal and was kind of climbing/all over the place for several hours.  But, Ruby was active throughout.  The thing that scared me was that I really felt badly too...I had a bad headache and felt nauseated.  A few hours after dinner, it leveled out and came down.  I was so glad.  I really didn't want to spend time at the hospital basically doing what I was doing at home (checking it).  I was going to call the doctor if it didn't settle down, but it did, so I got to sleep in my own bed.  I didn't want to be pressured into induction either, which is also what might have happened if I had been there and it hadn't gone down within their time frame.  I don't go to the doctor until Thursday this week.  I've been drinking my red raspberry leaf tea, went walking this morning, and have been bouncing on my exercise ball to maybe get some news of progression this week, in some small way at least.
 39 weeks, freshly painted/prettied toes compliments of Bethany! :)


Here is more about week 39:
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! She continues to build a layer of fat to help control her body temperature after birth, but it's likely she already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of her skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

No comments: