Saturday, January 15, 2011

Scripture Memory

I wanted to include this post on our baby blog, since right now it is something I am doing in preparation for May.   I am participating in a scripture memory team, with the ladies from the Living Proof Ministries blog.  The goal is to memorize 24 scriptures in 2011, two for each month.  I decided to join and start memorizing some scripture I could take with me into childbirth.  We are starting Bradley classes on February 13th, and it is our goal to have a natural childbirth.  I figured that scripture wouldn't be a bad thing to have on hand for the experience. :)
I have already been working on my first verse for January 1st-15th:

1 Samuel 1:27
For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him

My verses for the second part of January are quite a bit more lengthy, but as soon as I read it I knew it was a passage I had to learn:

Isaiah 43:1-3
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the water I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned.
The flames will not set you ablaze.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Carrie, great to see your interest in Scripture memory. My favorite Scripture memory website, www.memverse.com is great for inspiring, encouraging and equipping Scripture memory.

In Christ, Phil Walker
philjohn1558@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Awe, what an experience for Katie. She is going to be a wonderful big sister! I can't wait to feel Miss Ruby kick!
love ya,
Mama