Wednesday, January 19, 2011

24 Week Appointment

I had my 24 week doctor's appointment today.  It was the dreaded "glucose tolerance test" appointment.  At the beginning of the pregnancy I was pretty adamant that I wasn't going to do the test at all.  I didn't do it when I was pregnant with Katie or Noah.  I cried my way out of it both times because I had recently had a GTT and knew the results, and I was still feeling horribly sick at that point.
Well....I have been feeling fine as far as nausea/vomiting, none.  AND, I have been a little bit worried about my blood sugar because of my lack of appetite during the day...it could be related to high blood sugar.  So, I went along with the test.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  They only made me drink half the bottle and I didn't feel bad afterward.  I hope that isn't a bad sign.
They also drew blood to check my RH anitbodies or something, I have to go back on Monday to get a Rhogam shot.  I always have to have the Rhogam shot.
I am still very impressed with this doctor's office.  The nurses are so nice.  I never have to wait long.  My appointment was at 8:45am, I got there a little early and my 9:45  I was leaving...after waiting the hour for the glucose blood draw.
I did, however, meet the first dr. that I wasn't crazy about.  She wasn't rude.  She just was very businesslike.  She seemed in a rush.  I guess if there is one dr. I don't like, it is for as little of a reason as just her general personality, not because of anything specific that caused a rift between us.
I go back in 4 weeks, and after that I will start going every two weeks.  I can't believe that time is almost here!

1 comment:

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

Reasding about your GD test makes me feel better about mine next week! I hope you pass!