Tuesday, November 2, 2010

13 Weeks

I have felt really well the past week.  Especially compared with how I was feeling before.  I haven't had to take any medication other than my nightly unisom and b6 (suggested by the dr) because late at night I tend to start feeling pretty badly.  I am extremely tired and taking a nap most afternoons.  If I don't eat every few hours I start to feel bad also.  But as long as I stay on top of snacking I feel pretty good.
I am almost into the second trimester.  I can't believe it.  I know the holidays are going to make things just seem to fly into the late second and even third trimester.  It will be here before I know it.
This is the week of the peach.  I definitely feel my insides shifting around.  It's almost exactly two weeks until my next appointment.

Here is the run down of week 13:

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce. This is the last week of your first trimester, and your risk of miscarriage is now much lower than earlier in pregnancy. Next week marks the beginning of your second trimester, a time of relative comfort for many women who see early pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness and fatigue subside.

No comments: